Share your work and support your Atlanta Artists Center (AAC) by submitting to the shows! Note that Limelight is a credentialed show and that July submissions have two chances for being accepted into shows for the cost of one submission! Pieces not selected for Limelight at Binders are eligible for Summer Salon at Grandview Gallery.
Credential levels for AAC members are: Member (<4 Credits), Juried Member (4 Credits), Merit Member (10 Credits), Advanced Merit Member (20 Credits) and Member of Excellence (30 Credits). Artists with accepted pieces into an AAC credentialed show earn 1 Credit. First, second and third place winners in all AAC shows earn 1 Credit (only 1 Credit is awarded per artist per show). Details are in the AAC Handbook on the AAC website under “About”; click on “AAC Handbook.”
Submissions will be received and juried at AAC’s Grandview Gallery, 2979 Grandview Avenue NE, Atlanta, GA30305-3213, (404) 237-2324. Work selected for the Limelight show will be transported to and from Binders by AAC volunteers.
EXHIBIT DATES: June 30 thru August 2 at Binders and July 2 thru July 31 at Grandview Gallery.
JUDGE: Amanda Kroll McClure is Executive Director at the QuinlanVisualArtsCenter where she leads the comprehensive, non-profit visual arts center in the mission “Bringing visual arts to life, and to the life of the community”. Through a focus on overall excellence of fine arts exhibitions and programming, the organization serves as artist advocate and cultural hub for the region.
McClure has served as the 2012 juror for the Art Center in Hartwell’s 18th Annual Juried Show, the 2011 juror for the Arts on the River festival in Columbus, 2010 juror for the 12 Rivers Art Festival in Sautee Nacoochee, and 2009 juror for Art in the Square in Gainesville. Additionally, she has judged exhibitions for the Georgia Art League and student exhibitions at BrenauUniversity. Amanda served as a peer review panelist for grant submissions to the Georgia Council for the Arts in 2011 and 2012 and currently serves on the Art in the Square Festival planning Committee and previously on the North Georgia Photography Experience Advisory Board.
Summer Salon Judging will be done by an AAC Member of Excellence.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE FOR SUMMER SALON: All members are invited to vote for their top pick. A ballot box will be set up at AAC.
AWARDS AND PRIZES: Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners and ribbons for five honorable mentions for Limelight. Gift certificates and/or vouchers as well as ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners for Summer Salon.
ELIGIBILTY: Open only to current members of AtlantaArtistsCenter.
SUBMISSIONS OPEN: Thurs June 27 from 10am-4pm, Fri June 28 from 10am-4pm & Sat June 29 from 10am-1pm.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Saturday June 29 by 1:00pm.
- Completed Entry Form at registration. Entry Fee must be paid at time of submittal.
- Fee = $15.00 for two pieces, $20.00 for three pieces.
- Make checks payable to the AtlantaArtistsCenter. Credit Cards are accepted.
- Physically submit artwork at Grandview Gallery. Complete Entry Form and pay fee.
- All artwork must have a label on the back side of the framed works to include the following: Artist’s Name; Phone; Email; Title of Work; Medium; and Price.
- Based on available space and size of selected pieces, approximately 50 works are anticipated for Limelight and 65-70 works for Summer Salon.
- Artists receiving awards for Limelight will be announced at the reception; those for Summer Salon will announced on the AAC website and by eblast after the July 15th members meeting.
- A list of accepted works for both shows will be posted on the AAC web site by the Wednesday following submissions. Please do not call the Center to see if your work has been accepted.
- Open only to AAC members in good standing. Your membership will be validated at submission.
- Mediums – Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media, Collage, Watercolor, Original prints, Photography, Etchings, Sculpture, Pastel, Pen and Ink, Pottery, etc. NO WET PIECES WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- Art work accepted into any previous AAC Grandview Gallery Show is NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Works accepted into any AAC OUTSIDE Shows ARE ELIGIBLE.
- Work must be original. Giclees and Print editions are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Photography submissions printed on various paper, fabric, metal and canvas mediums ARE ELIGIBLE.
- For all sales of work at Binders, Artist receives 75%; AAC 15%; and Binders receives 10%. For all sales of Summer Salon, Artist receives 80% and AAC receives 20%.
- All work must be framed according to AAC guidelines posted on our website under “AAC Members”. A printed copy of the Submission Guidelines is available at the Gallery. Guidelines include that canvases 1” or less must be framed, no sawtooth hangers, and work must be securely matted.
- Size limit is 48” on any side and a weight limit of 25 pounds.
- Works will be rejected if they do not have a proper wire for hanging and label on back.
- Any substandard presentation may be disqualified upon receipt.
- All works submitted are the artist’s own responsibility and not insured or covered by AAC.
- All accepted art work will be handled with professional care; however, neither staff nor volunteers can be responsible for any loss or damage.
- Please note that the gallery will be used at other times and by other groups for art classes and special events.
- Neither the gallery, nor AAC is responsible for works not picked up at the designated time after the show.
- Any artwork not picked up within 30 days of notification from AAC may become property of AAC.
- Artist agrees in entering this competition that the works chosen for the show may be used in AAC publicity and marketing.
- An entry to this exhibit agrees on the part of the artist to all conditions set forth in this prospectus.
- The judge / juror and AAC Gallery Chairpersons have final authority to define what constitutes an acceptable entry.
- Unaccepted work must be picked up by July 15, 2013 and accepted work must be picked up by August 15, 2013.
• There will be a Reception and Awards Ceremony at Binders on Sunday July 14, 3pm to 5pm.
• A sign-up sheet for appetizers, beverages and provisions will be available at submissions. If you have work in the show and plan to attend, your participation is encouraged.